Megasquirt MS3 PNP Peugeot 206 GTI MK1 2000 16V
Megasquirt MS3 PNP for Peugeot 206 GTI phase 1 with ECU Magneti Marelli 3 connectors, no need any installation modification.
- Keeps the original sensors. Except CLT sensor, the original ECU and the instrument panel are connected to only 1 sensor. If the installation is left in this way, the motor temperature reading in the PNP unit will be incorrect. There are several solutions:
- Install a second independent sensor CLT for the PNP unit and leave the original sensor for the instrument cluster. Needs a bit of wiring modification.
- Leave the original sensor connected only to the PNP unit. The instrument panel will stop indicating temperature, but the High temperature warning light can be used to warn the driver, this warning light is lit by the PNP unit. Only one wire should be cut.
- Leave the original installation, connected to the panel and the PNP unit and carry out an exact calibration at high temperature. This will at least ensure that the PNP unit dials as accurately as possible in high temperature and turns on the fans correctly. At cold temperatures there will be an error in the PNP unit and the box, according to the tests carried out, will indicate a slightly lower temperature than the real one.
- Install a Display Can Bus with the PNP Megasquirt unit.
- At the moment the air conditioning cannot be controlled from the unit.
- Connected speed sensor, which allows detection of gear and visualization on our display, perform Launch control by speed, turbo pressure by speed or gear and many other options.
- Original MAP sensor, with the option of changing for an internal one of up to 400 Kpas.
- Option to include internal barometric sensor.
- The unit is not waterproof, it must be inserted inside the vehicle.
In addition to the original functions, it includes:
- 8 auxiliary outputs PWM switching to ground.
- 5 ADC inputs 0 to 5 V
- 6 Switching inputs for Launch control, cut-off, double map, etc ...
- In the case of selecting the internal barometric pressure sensor, the EXT MAP input is used internally for the connection of the second MAP sensor, so it does not this entry must be used from the rear in this case.
- PT4 is in use and cannot be used from the rear connector.
You can consult the installation manual of the Megasquirt MS3 PNP models at the following link:
It also maintains most features of the MS3 model:
- Connection via USB and RS232, we recommend RS232
- Memory card slot, card not included
- Connectors included
- Basic internal MAP sensor up to 260Kpas (1.6 bar turbo pressure)
- Possibility of internal MAP sensor of 400 Kpas (3 bars of turbo pressure), optional
- Possibility of installing internal MAP sensor for constant barometric correction, optional
- Ground switching outputs.
- ADC inputs for external sensors. Pressure or temperature sensors, EGT (external amplifier circuit needed) etc ...
- Ground switching inputs. Launch control Cut-Off, double map, etc ...
- Load in Speed Density (MAP sensor), Alpha-n (TPS position), MAF (flow meter) or mixtures between them
- 16x16 fuel maps and ignition, can be expanded to 16x32 or 32x16
- Maps with variations of 0.1 in the fuel and variations of 0.1 ° for ignition.
- Combination between four 16 x 16 fuel maps and ignition on different types of fuel and cargo, alpha-n, speed density, MAF, etc.
- Eight 5 x 5 fuel maps and eight 5 x 5 ignition maps, to correct fuel and ignition variations between cylinders
- Start of injection from 0º to 720º fixed or variable by 12 x 12 map
- Two 8 x 8 Turbo pressure maps
- Two different fuel maps, ignition and Boost Control, via switch
- Closed loop control of air / fuel mixture
- Closed-loop control of Turbo pressure control.
- Closed loop idle control.
- 2D or 3D maps for programmable outputs.
- Traction control
- Launch fixed or variable control
- Map to adjust the methanol pump by PWM
- Adjustable Turbo pressure control by potentiometer, speed or even gears
- Alternator control
- Continuous and On-Off Variable Distributions
- Shift Cut with independent programmable times for 6 gears, for sequential boxes
- Free download adjustment program
- Free download data acquisition program
- Test mode to check the operation of all outputs with the engine stopped, fuel pump, injectors, coils, valves and solenoids, etc ...
- Many more features
Some features may not work together. Some features may require additional circuits.
No unit is shipped with a map of the finished engine, all of them need an adjustment to the engine in which they are installed, especially when there are modifications. In fact, this is what is sought when installing one of our units, adjusting the engine to its modifications or managing systems that would not be possible with the origen unit. Of course this costs more time, but the results are usually better.
The Megasquirt engine management started as the units with an educational character, they maintain it, over time they have become management units that have the same characteristics as other brands, in some cases higher, much cheaper price and without any restriction Just look at the characteristics offered by each model and the number of fuel and ignition adjustment maps offered.
MegaSquirt® power units are not approved for emission regulations. They are designed for competition vehicles that do not run on public roads, old vehicles that do not comply with emission standards and training centers where teachers can teach students the operation of an engine management unit since inside and without anything hidden.