Megasquirt MS3 PNP BMW E36 M50B20 and M50B25 no Vanos
Megasquirt Plug And Play for BMW E36 M50B20 (206S1) and M50B25 (256S1), Not Vanos.
- It maintains all source sensors.
- MAP sensor internal.
- Sequential injection, only supports high impedance injectors.
- Secuential ignition , with option to switch to logical coils (type TFSI). The normal configuration is for source coils, in case of switching to logic coils you must select in the order. The ignition configuration with source coils will not work with logic coils, or vice versa.
- Conversion to turbo, maintaining all the features of MS3, Anti-lag, Turbo pressure control by gears, etc...
Important: The engine codes of the vehicle documentation must be 206S1 and 256S1. It will not work with other engine codes. In case of engine change for other codes, the engine position sensors may vary between inductive and Hall, in order to function properly the same sensors must be maintained from the original installations (or communicate what types of sensors the motor uses that you want to install). In any case, the proper functioning with SWAPS or engine change cannot be ensured.
In case of having an immobilizer, the ECU does not block any signal of coils, injectors, pump, etc., the only thing that can block the start is the immobilizer by cutting the signal of the starter itself, just bypassing the starting motor in the immobilizer to solve this problem.
You can consult the installation manual of the Megasquirt MS3 PNP models at the following link:
It also maintains most features of the MS3 model:
- Connection via USB and RS232, we recommend RS232
- Memory card slot, card not included
- Connectors included
- Basic internal MAP sensor up to 260Kpas (1.6 bar turbo pressure)
- Possibility of internal MAP sensor of 400 Kpas (3 bars of turbo pressure), optional
- Possibility of installing internal MAP sensor for constant barometric correction, optional
- Ground switching outputs.
- ADC inputs for external sensors. Pressure or temperature sensors, EGT (external amplifier circuit needed) etc ...
- Ground switching inputs. Launch control Cut-Off, double map, etc ...
- Load in Speed Density (MAP sensor), Alpha-n (TPS position), MAF (flow meter) or mixtures between them
- 16x16 fuel maps and ignition, can be expanded to 16x32 or 32x16
- Maps with variations of 0.1 in the fuel and variations of 0.1 ° for ignition.
- Combination between four 16 x 16 fuel maps and ignition on different types of fuel and cargo, alpha-n, speed density, MAF, etc.
- Eight 5 x 5 fuel maps and eight 5 x 5 ignition maps, to correct fuel and ignition variations between cylinders
- Start of injection from 0º to 720º fixed or variable by 12 x 12 map
- Two 8 x 8 Turbo pressure maps
- Two different fuel maps, ignition and Boost Control, via switch
- Closed loop control of air / fuel mixture
- Closed-loop control of Turbo pressure control.
- Closed loop idle control.
- 2D or 3D maps for programmable outputs.
- Traction control
- Launch fixed or variable control
- Map to adjust the methanol pump by PWM
- Adjustable Turbo pressure control by potentiometer, speed or even gears
- Alternator control
- Continuous and On-Off Variable Distributions
- Shift Cut with independent programmable times for 6 gears, for sequential boxes
- Free download adjustment program
- Free download data acquisition program
- Test mode to check the operation of all outputs with the engine stopped, fuel pump, injectors, coils, valves and solenoids, etc ...
- Many more features
Some features may not work together. Some features may require additional circuits.
No unit is shipped with a map of the finished engine, all of them need an adjustment to the engine in which they are installed, especially when there are modifications. In fact, this is what is sought when installing one of our units, adjusting the engine to its modifications or managing systems that would not be possible with the origen unit. Of course this costs more time, but the results are usually better.
The Megasquirt engine management started as the units with an educational character, they maintain it, over time they have become management units that have the same characteristics as other brands, in some cases higher, much cheaper price and without any restriction Just look at the characteristics offered by each model and the number of fuel and ignition adjustment maps offered.
MegaSquirt® power units are not approved for emission regulations. They are designed for competition vehicles that do not run on public roads, old vehicles that do not comply with emission standards and training centers where teachers can teach students the operation of an engine management unit since inside and without anything hidden.