Megasquirt MS3 PNP Fiat Coupe
Megasquirt Plug And Play for Fiat:
- Fiat Coupe 2.0 16V
- Fiat Coupe 2.0 16V Turbo
- Fiat Tipo 2.0 16V
- Fiat tipo 1.8 16V
- Fiat Tempra 2.0
- Fiat Croma 2.0 16V y 2.0 turbo (Unable to check on this model for now)
- It maintains all source sensors, including trigger wheel and cam phase sensor installed in the distributor or in the head, except for the MAP sensor that is internal.
- Sequential injection, only supports high impedance injectors.
- Ignition by distributor ignition or Wasted Spark, with option in both motors to switch to sequential ignition or logical independent coils (type TFSI).
- Turbo pressure control by gears. You need to add a speed sensor.
- Although it is not mandatory, it is recommended to change the idle valve for a more modern one with greater resistance in its winding and greater air flow, especially if you want to use anti-lag.
The selection of the ignition option must be correct for what the engine has installed. The ECU of an engine with distributor will not work on a motor with a wasted spark, not being interchangeable, and the ignition module must be the original one, it cannot be eliminated or replaced by another model. The circuit for independent coils is different from that designed for the original ignition, if selected, the ECU cannot be used with the original ignition.
The units are shipped with a boot configuration, but we are still not sure that it is 100% correct, you may have to modify some parameters. If you need help, do not hesitate to contact us.
You can consult the installation manual of the Megasquirt MS3 PNP models at the following link:
It also maintains most features of the MS3 model:
- Connection via USB and RS232, we recommend RS232
- Memory card slot, card not included
- Connectors included
- Basic internal MAP sensor up to 260Kpas (1.6 bar turbo pressure)
- Possibility of internal MAP sensor of 400 Kpas (3 bars of turbo pressure), optional
- Possibility of installing internal MAP sensor for constant barometric correction, optional
- Ground switching outputs.
- ADC inputs for external sensors. Pressure or temperature sensors, EGT (external amplifier circuit needed) etc ...
- Ground switching inputs. Launch control Cut-Off, double map, etc ...
- Load in Speed Density (MAP sensor), Alpha-n (TPS position), MAF (flow meter) or mixtures between them
- 16x16 fuel maps and ignition, can be expanded to 16x32 or 32x16
- Maps with variations of 0.1 in the fuel and variations of 0.1 ° for ignition.
- Combination between four 16 x 16 fuel maps and ignition on different types of fuel and cargo, alpha-n, speed density, MAF, etc.
- Eight 5 x 5 fuel maps and eight 5 x 5 ignition maps, to correct fuel and ignition variations between cylinders
- Start of injection from 0º to 720º fixed or variable by 12 x 12 map
- Two 8 x 8 Turbo pressure maps
- Two different fuel maps, ignition and Boost Control, via switch
- Closed loop control of air / fuel mixture
- Closed-loop control of Turbo pressure control.
- Closed loop idle control.
- 2D or 3D maps for programmable outputs.
- Traction control
- Launch fixed or variable control
- Map to adjust the methanol pump by PWM
- Adjustable Turbo pressure control by potentiometer, speed or even gears
- Alternator control
- Continuous and On-Off Variable Distributions
- Shift Cut with independent programmable times for 6 gears, for sequential boxes
- Free download adjustment program
- Free download data acquisition program
- Test mode to check the operation of all outputs with the engine stopped, fuel pump, injectors, coils, valves and solenoids, etc ...
- Many more features
Some features may not work together. Some features may require additional circuits.
No unit is shipped with a map of the finished engine, all of them need an adjustment to the engine in which they are installed, especially when there are modifications. In fact, this is what is sought when installing one of our units, adjusting the engine to its modifications or managing systems that would not be possible with the origen unit. Of course this costs more time, but the results are usually better.
The Megasquirt engine management started as the units with an educational character, they maintain it, over time they have become management units that have the same characteristics as other brands, in some cases higher, much cheaper price and without any restriction Just look at the characteristics offered by each model and the number of fuel and ignition adjustment maps offered.
MegaSquirt® power units are not approved for emission regulations. They are designed for competition vehicles that do not run on public roads, old vehicles that do not comply with emission standards and training centers where teachers can teach students the operation of an engine management unit since inside and without anything hidden.